Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Losing Your Superpowers 2.5

With one power back, I started to work on getting another back. But this one took patient, quiet, and ease.

Calm. I needed to get my super inner calm back. Inner calm leads to inner peace, which leads to satisfaction. And I need some of that! So straight to the library I went, to do a little research on what all this inner peace business is really about.

I went to the religion, Buddhism section. Meditation is the key to enlightenment, right? Buddha sat under a tree meditating until he figured out the universe. And he did! Lucky duck. But according to his teaching, enlightenment isn't just for him, it's for everyone! We all can join the Buddha train. So I checked out a few books and bought a ticket to Buddha town.

Meditation is AMAZING. I highly recommend it. All you really need is a quiet place, a pillow, and yourself. Put the pillow under your rump, so when you sit cross-legged you are sitting a little higher up. Hold your dominant hand in your subordinate hand, resting them lightly in your lap. Then just focus on your breathing. Count. Count how many breaths you take in and out before a funny little thought pops in your head. Cast it off and start counting again.

Believe me, it takes time and practice to get to ten. Your ego, your thoughts, fight to get your attention. But when you are free of them, when nothing is getting between you and a free mind, it's a pretty stellar feeling.

I'm still claiming it, but I'm glad to say super inner calm is back! And I'm smiling again, which is nice. Good job meditation, you've done me a solid.


Namaste, WW

No comments:

Post a Comment