Monday, April 5, 2010

Losing Your Superpowers

Where do super powers come from? Every wonder woman has her own story of origin. Usually her powers are sung about in these tales. And usually, somewhere after becoming a wonder woman, she loses her powers...and has to find a way to get them back.

This year, wonder women, I have been stripped of my powers. I was just getting used to them too. I think storytellers call that conflict. You see, I was once a wonder woman of such power I could relay all of my good advice and adventures to all of you. I could spin a couple of words together and come up with something that sparkles. But these gray times have cast a shadow, and I am weakened from them.

No more rope of truth, no more invisible jet, not even those sweet bracelets that bullets bounce off of. Every power I once possessed are now gone. An empty memory has taken their place. I am just a plain jane. It's hard to adjust with plain janeness when you used to be a wonder woman. It was really fun. I had super powers for crying out loud!

But this is just the bottom. Every hero has a time when their powers are taken from them. Every hero has to rise up and claim them back. That's what makes them special. That's what makes them great.

(Gulp). I'm just really, really freaked out about where and what I have to do to get my powers back. I'm not as strong as I used to be, what with the powers and everything. Nobody said it would be easy; nobody said it would be hard either. But this wonder woman is digging out her old costume, and going out there to find her super powers. No matter where they are, I'll find them. No matter what it takes, I'm getting them back. Because I'm a wonder woman, and I'd feel pretty stupid in a silly costume with no super powers to back it up.

Searching, fighting, living, WW

No comments:

Post a Comment