Monday, April 12, 2010

Wonder Woman and Adventures in the Workforce (Part IX PLUS! Getting Some Powers Back)

After my encounter with the little boy in the midst of war torn Wonderland, and contacting Neverland...much has transpired.

Neverland sent a message via fairy (which was pretty cool) notifying me that my application to be a Wonderful Wendy was accepted! I would be traveling by fairy dust and happy thoughts near the end of the summer season, when my year in Neverland would begin. Ecstatic, I jumped for joy in my big white rabbit feet.

Ah, but there's the rub.

I'm not a Wendy, not even really a wonder woman, but a stupid white rabbit. The ravages of war and Wonderland completely transformed me into a fuzzy rodent with a serious over-bite in a cheap polyester vest. I've lost all my super powers (see last post). And my wounds from the battlefield are really icky... I'm obviously in no shape to try and bust free of this wasteland.

But I have to! It's the only way to get to Neverland come the solstice, and the only way to get my powers back! Plus, I really want be my wonderful self once again. It's kind of nice being wonderful.

So I had to regroup. I had to remember what it means to be a wonder woman. How did I even get to be one? I had to remember before Wonderland...

Before Wonderland I was confident. I sat up straight and looked people in the eye, and yes, could tell them they were wrong. Now as a white rabbit, I cower in the face of others. To face the Red Queen, I would need to get my super confidence back.

And I did...by smiting the terrible jabberwock. I had nothing to help me, no sword, bow and arrow, or even a sling shot and bubble gum. Just me. But I knew this was the only way to get this power back: to be confident in myself that I could defeat it without any help. So I hid behind a wall of rubble, and waited for the jabberwock to come to me.

It took many days. But I waited patiently. It passed me by, twice, but I did not feel defeated. My time would come. And it did, only just today, when the jabberwock took a snooze in a cave; practically begging me to go after it. I jumped and (sparing the bloody, R rated gory details) killed the monster dead. My super confidence was returned in a wonderful bath of warm, glowing light.

I brought the head to the Red Queen. She smiled, and let me pass through the gates of Wonderland. She wished me well on the way out.

Still getting those powers back, WW

No comments:

Post a Comment